Photo: William Meppem
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 450g deboned pork belly, skin on and sliced into 5mm-thick slices
- sea salt and freshly ground white pepper
- 100g kimchi (available at good Asian grocers), cut into 4cm pieces
- 4 green (spring) onions, cut into batons
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp Asian sesame sauce (available at Asian supermarkets)
- ½ tsp roasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- steamed rice, to serve
Heat the oil in a wok until just smoking.
Add the pork, season with salt and pepper.
Cook over a high heat for 10 minutes or until browned, being careful not to overcook it.
Add the kimchi, onions, garlic, chilli powder, sesame sauce and 1 tbsp water and cook briefly to incorporate.
Divide the pork among serving bowls and sprinkle with sesame seeds and coriander.
Serve with steamed rice.
- Main Ingredients - Pork
- Cuisine - Korean
- Course - Dinner