- 600g ripe strawberries
- 75mL orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 75mL Curacao, Cointreau or
- Grand Marnier
- 300mL mascarpone, thick cream or
- thick yoghurt
- 1 tbsp orange zest, grated
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 sponge finger biscuits
Wash the strawberries, pat them dry and hull. Place in a deep bowl, add the orange juice and liqueur, cover with plastic and refrigerate for a few hours, turning gently once or twice.
Just before serving, gently beat the mascarpone, orange zest, icing sugar and vanilla extract together.
The cream is usually piped or spooned on top of a large dish of the strawberries, but I prefer gently tossing the strawberries and cream together until they are streaked like rose marble.
Serve in small glass bowls or in whisky glasses, with sponge finger biscuits for dipping.
- Cuisine - French
- Course - Dessert
- Occasion - Valentine's Day