Strawberry and chicken salad
Whether you are dining outside on the veranda, in the garden or the park, salads are the perfect dish as they please everyone's palate and transport easily.
Photo: Natalie Boog
Have your say
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- Vegetable oil
- 400g strawberries, hulled and halved
- 200g sugar snap peas, trimmed and blanched
- 2 sticks celery, finely sliced
- 60g baby spinach leaves, stems removed
- 70g slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 cup mint leaves, torn
- Title:For the dressing
- 125g strawberries, mashed
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt flakes and cracked black pepper
Preheat oven to 200C.
Brush chicken with oil and place on a baking tray. Roast for 20 minutes or until cooked. Remove and cool, then slice.
Arrange chicken on a large shallow serving platter. Top with strawberries, peas, celery and spinach leaves.
For the dressing
Combine ingredients in a medium bowl, whisk well and drizzle over salad. Scatter with almonds and mint.