- 20 g (¾ oz) butter
- 1 leek, white part only, halved lengthways and finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon shredded basil
- 4 tablespoons crème fraîche or sour cream
- 50 g (1¾ oz/¼ cup) cooked wild rice/long-grain rice blend
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 zucchini (courgettes)
1. Heat the butter in a small frying pan over low heat. Add the leek and cook without browning for 2–3 minutes. Stir in the pine nuts, basil, crème fraîche and rice, and cook for 5 minutes. If the mixture becomes dry, add a little hot water. Add the nutmeg and season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
2. Halve the zucchini lengthways and scoop out the seeds using a teaspoon or melon baller. Season lightly with salt then spoon the filling into the cavities, piling it up.
3. Arrange the zucchini in a large steamer and cover with a lid. Sit the steamer over a saucepan or wok of boiling water and simmer for 6–8 minutes, or until tender. Serve immediately.
- Main Ingredients - Zucchini
- Course - Starter/Entree, Side Dish
- Occasion - Family meals