Fry time: For a healthier version, leave the skin on, and bake instead of fry. Photo: Edwina Pickles
700g sweet potatoes, peeled
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
sea salt and black pepper
1 egg white, beaten
1 garlic clove, finely grated
1 tbsp finely chopped parsley
1. Heat the oven to 200. Cut the sweet potatoes lengthwise into one centimetre slices, then cut each slice into long, thin chips. Toss lightly in olive oil, smoked paprika, cumin, sea salt and pepper, and scatter over a tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turning once, until tender.
2. Remove the fries and toss in beaten egg white, garlic and parsley. Raise the oven temperature to 210 and return the fries to the oven for a further 10 to 15 minutes (keep an eye on them in case they start to burn). Serve hot.
- Main Ingredients - Sweet potato, Eggs
- Cuisine - Contemporary
- Course - Snacks, Finger-food
- Occasion - Cocktail Party, Barbecue, Midweek dinner