Vegetarian one-pot with sweet potato, pumpkin and pearl cous cous. Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 onions, cut in half then thinly sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 500g sweet potato, cut in 1 1/2 cm thick chunks
- 500g pumpkin, cut in 1 1/2 cm thick chunks
- 2 parsnips, cut 1 1/2 cm thick
- 800ml vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp honey
- 50g unsalted butter
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 2 x 400g tins chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- 100g greek yoghurt
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Mint leaves to garnish
Heat oil in a large wide-based pan, add onions, cumin and coriander seeds and cook over medium heat for five minutes until softened and golden.
Add sweet potato, pumpkin, parsnips, stock, honey and butter. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to simmer for about 15 minutes.
Add pearl couscous and cook for a further 15 minutes, until vegetables are cooked and liquid has reduced. Add chickpeas and spinach and cook for a few minutes until spinach has wilted.
Remove from heat and make yoghurt sauce. Mix yoghurt with lemon juice and zest and put in a jug to serve with vegetables. Garnish stew with coriander and mint and serve with yoghurt sauce.
* More winter warmers
- Main Ingredients - Pumpkin, Chickpeas, Potato
- Cuisine - Middle Eastern