- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) fresh tagliatelle or other long, flat pasta
- 60 g (2 1/4 oz) butter
- 6 spring onions (scallions), finely chopped
- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) prawns (shrimp), peeled and deveined, tails intact
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) brandy
- 310 ml (1 1/4 cups) thick (double/heavy) cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- 15 g (1/2 cup) chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
1. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water until al dente. Drain well.
2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large heavy-based pan, add the spring onion and stir for 2 minutes. Add the prawns and stir for 2 minutes, or until they just start to change colour. Remove the prawns from the pan and set aside.
3. Splash in the brandy and boil for 2 minutes, or until the brandy is reduced by half. Stir in the cream, then add the thyme and half the parsley. Season with freshly ground black pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until the sauce begins to thicken. Return the prawns to the sauce and cook for 2 minutes. Season well.
4. Toss the sauce through the pasta. If you prefer a thinner sauce, add a little hot water or milk. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley, then serve.
- Main Ingredients - Shellfish
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Family meals