Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 500g chicken mince
- zest of 1 lemon, finely chopped
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 1 carrot, grated (optional)
- 1 egg
- 100g (1 cup) dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- oil for cooking
Preheat oven to 180C.
Mix the chicken mince with all the other ingredients, adding enough breadcrumbs to bring the mixture together. Roll into 2cm balls.
Heat a heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat, add a splash of oil and cook the balls until golden brown all over. Transfer to oven and bake until cooked through.
Variation: Substitute lemon zest and parsley for 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce and 2 tbsp chopped coriander for Thai chicken balls.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Occasion - Family meals, Children's Party