- 500 g (1 lb 2 oz) baby octopus
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon green or pink peppercorns
- 2-4 small red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
1. Cut off the octopus heads, below the eyes, with a sharp knife. Discard the heads and guts. Push the beaks out with your index finger, remove and discard. Wash the octopus thoroughly under running water and drain on crumpled paper towels. If the octopus tentacles are large, cut into quarters. Put in a shallow dish.
2. Mix together the oil, garlic, peppercorns and chilli, add to the octopus and marinate for 30 minutes. Cook 3 octopus at a time, turning frequently, on a very hot, lightly oiled barbecue grill plate or flat plate for 3 minutes, or until they turn white. Do not overcook. Sprinkle the fish sauce over the top and serve immediately.
- Main Ingredients - Fish
- Cuisine - Thai
- Course - Main-course
- Occasion - Family meals, Dinner Party