- 1 loaf Italian bread
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- 3 large (400 g) vine-ripened tomatoes, cut into 1 cm pieces
- ¼ cup (60 ml) extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup (10 g) fresh basil, torn into small pieces
1. Preheat the oven to moderately hot 200°C (400°F/Gas 6). Slice the loaf of bread on the diagonal into twelve 1 cm thick slices. Lay the bread slices out in a single layer on a baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until they are lightly golden. Remove from the oven and rub the garlic clove over one side of each slice of toast. Lightly drizzle each slice with extra virgin olive oil, then cut them in half again so that each piece is easily handled by your guests.
2. Place the tomato slices in a bowl with the extra virgin olive oil and torn basil. Season with salt and cracked black pepper and toss until well combined. Spoon the mixture onto the prepared bruschetta slices and serve immediately.
- Main Ingredients - Tomato
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Starter/Entree