A great salsa to eat in a taco.
Photo: William Meppem
Have your say
- 6 vine-ripened tomatoes, each cored and cut into 6 wedges
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- 1 1/2 tbsp chipotle chilli powder (use less if you prefer a milder salsa)
- juice of 2 limes
Cook the tomatoes over a high heat for 10 minutes in a non-stick pan; they will start to stick and burn. Scrape with a wooden spoon and add the oil and salt.
Reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook the tomatoes to form a sauce. Add chilli powder and cook for 1 minute.
To make a feast of it, serve with:
- Grilled skirt steak for tacos
- Grilled flathead for tacos
- Aromatic salad
- Chicken adobo for tacos
- My Mexican mayonnaise
- Corn on the cob with cheese and lime