- 1 turkey breast fillet, about 1.3kg
- Sea salt and pepper
- 400mL dry white wine, boiling water or stock
- 300g chorizo or spicy pork sausages
- 1 tbsp preserved lemon rind, chopped, or lemon rind, grated
- 50g grated parmesan
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp thyme, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g fresh white breadcrumbs
For the stuffing Skin the sausages, pinch the meat into a frypan and cook for 5 minutes and allow to cool.
Lightly mix the cooled sausage with the preserved lemon or lemon rind, parmesan, nutmeg, parsley, thyme, egg and breadcrumbs.
Preheat oven to 200C. To butterfly the turkey breast, place skin side down and make a shallow cut down the centre of the meat. Then cut horizontally through the thick meat to either side, and open it up like a book. Cover with plastic film and pound vigorously with a rolling pin to flatten, then rub with salt and pepper.
Form the stuffing into a sausage shape and place in the middle of the turkey meat. Roll tightly, tuck in the ends and tie securely with string. Season well.
Place the turkey roll skin up in a roasting pan, add the liquid to the pan, and roast for 1 hour and 10 mins. Rest for 20 mins, remove the string and carve thickly.
Serve warm, or cold, with the cooking juices.
This recipes is featured in the book, Summer is available now in all good bookstores RRP $34.95. To order direct call 1300 656 059 or visit www.smh.com.au/store
- Main Ingredients - Turkey
- Course - Main-course