The heaviness of the chickpeas is balanced by the lightness of the peas and makes for an original salad.
Photo: Jennifer Soo
Have your say
- 500g dried chickpeas, soaked in water overnight or 4 x 400g cans chickpeas
- 750g fresh or frozen peas, blanched in salted water
- 400g baby spinach, picked and washed
- 4 handfuls mint leaves, washed
- 4 handfuls flat parsley leaves, washed
- 400ml natural yoghurt
- 200ml extra virgin olive oil
- 60ml lemon juice
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
Bring soaked chickpeas to the boil in plenty of cold water and simmer until tender, approx 25 minutes. Drain and cover with a wet cloth to prevent drying out while cooling down. Once cool add peas, finely sliced spinach, mint and parsley leaves and mix together. In another bowl mix together yoghurt, oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper. Stir dressing through salad just before serving and adjust seasoning.