Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 1 cup flat parsley leaves
- 1 cup basil or coriander leaves
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp tiny salted capers, rinsed
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper
- 2 small, green zucchini
- 2 small, yellow zucchini
- 4 crisp, fresh pink-skinned radish
- 2 tbsp almonds, toasted
- 2 tbsp freshly grated parmesan
- 1 tbsp pink peppercorns
To make the salsa verde, whiz the herbs, garlic, capers and vinegar in a food processor until fine. With the motor running, gradually add three tablespoons of the olive oil. Taste for salt and pepper. Lighten with a dash of water or dry white wine.
Finely slice the green and yellow zucchini and the radish. Toss with the almonds in the remaining two tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil, sea salt and pepper and arrange in loose piles on four plates. Scatter with half the grated parmesan.
Spoon the salsa verde on top and finish with remaining grated parmesan and black pepper. Scatter with pink peppercorns and serve.
- Main Ingredients - Zucchini, Cheese, Nuts
- Cuisine - Italian
- Course - Starter/Entree