- 4 baby beetroot, peeled and grated
- 2 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 4-5 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- few drops Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper (capsicum), cut in thin strips
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
- 4 baby bok choy leaves, shredded
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 8 round pitta breads
1. Place the beetroot, 1/2 teaspoon of ginger, half the garlic, rice vinegar, sesame oil, 1 teaspoon of soy sauce, spring onions and Tabasco sauce in a medium bowl. Mix until well combined, then set aside.
2. Heat half the peanut oil in a wok or frying pan. Add the onion and remaining garlic and cook over medium heat for 1 minute. Stir in the red pepper, carrot, bok choy, remaining ginger and chilli sauce. Cook for another 1-2 minutes, or until just tender. Remove from the heat and transfer the mixture to a large bowl; allow to cool slightly. Combine the eggs, cornflour and remaining soy sauce in a bowl. Add to cooled vegetable mixture and stir well to combine.
3. Heat remaining oil in a frying pan. Spoon a quarter of the egg and vegetable mixture into pan to make a thick circle. Cook for 1-2 minutes each side. Repeat with remaining mixture.
4. Lightly toast the pitta breads on both sides. Drain the excess liquid from the beetroot mixture. Place four pitta breads on individual serving plates. On each pitta bread, place a vegetable omelette and some of the beetroot mixture. Garnish with yellow pepper, if desired, and serve with the remaining pitta bread.
- Main Ingredients - Eggs
- Course - Lunch
- Occasion - Family meals