Vietnamese chicken and noodle salad.
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 600 g skinless chicken breast fillets, halved lengthways
- 150 g rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 small red capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 100 g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- ½ small Chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cupbean sprouts
- ½ cup mint leaves
- ½ cup coriander leaves
- 60 g roasted unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 80 ml (⅓ cup) sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 60 ml (¼ cup) lime juice
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed
1. Put 1 litre water and the kaffir lime leaves in a medium saucepan over medium–high heat. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the chicken, cover and simmer for 8–10 minutes or until the chicken is just cooked through. Remove from the heat and leave the chicken in the poaching liquid for 10 minutes. Drain. Use two forks to coarsely shred the chicken.
2. Put the noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 2–3 minutes or until tender. Drain. Rinse under cold water, and drain.
3. To make the chilli dressing, put the sauces, lime juice, oil and garlic in a small bowl and whisk until well combined.
4. Combine the capsicum, carrot, snow peas, Chinese cabbage, spring onions, bean sprouts, half the herbs, the noodles and chicken in a large bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to combine. Serve the salad sprinkled with the remaining herbs and the nuts.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Cuisine - Vietnamese
- Course - Dinner
- Occasion - Midweek dinner