- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 large green papaya
- 1 large handful Vietnamese mint
- 1 handful coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 2 red chillies, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted peanuts
1. Place the chicken in a frying pan with enough water to just cover. Simmer over gentle heat for 10 minutes, or until cooked. Don't let the water boil, it should just gently simmer, to poach the chicken. Remove the chicken and allow to cool completely. Thinly slice the chicken.
2. Mix together the fish sauce, vinegar, lime juice and sugar, set aside. Using a potato peeler, peel the papaya, and discard the seeds. Cut the papaya flesh into thin strips. Mix gently in a bowl with the Vietnamese mint, coriander and sliced chilli.
3. Arrange the papaya mixture on a serving plate and pile the sliced chicken on top. Scatter the peanuts over the top. Drizzle with the dressing, just before serving.
- Main Ingredients - Chicken
- Cuisine - Vietnamese
- Course - Side Dish
- Occasion - Midweek dinner, Family meals