Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 30ml olive oil, plus a little extra for drizzling
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 500g piece beef eye fillet, trimmed
- 175g vine-ripened mini capsicums
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 250g truss tomatoes
- 2 handfuls tatsoi lettuce (or other gourmet mixed leaves)
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed
- Celery leaves, crisp-fried to garnish (optional)
- Horseradish cream
- 3 tbsp good-quality mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp horseradish (from a jar)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly ground white pepper to season
Preheat oven to 200C.
Rub oil and pepper all over beef fillet and set aside. In a heavy- based frying pan over high heat, add beef and seal on all sides for four to five minutes. Remove and place on a roasting tray.
Place capsicums and onion wedges in the pan with a little extra oil and cook for five minutes until slightly softened. Place in the roasting tray, add tomatoes on the vine and drizzle with a little extra oil. Cook vegetables in the oven with beef for eight minutes for medium rare. Remove beef and rest, leaving vegetables in the oven for a further 10 minutes, until just softened.
Scatter tatsoi over a serving platter and place roasted vegetables on top. Slice beef and arrange over the vegetables. Scatter capers and celery leaves over the top.
Make the horseradish cream by combining all the ingredients. Adjust seasoning. Drizzle some over the salad. Serve extra in a jug.
- Main Ingredients - Beef