Warm chickpea, pumpkin and spinach salad
A quick and nutritous meal using chickpeas.
Photo: Jennifer Soo
Have your say
- 700g pumpkin (peeled and cut into 2cm pieces)
- 4 rashers of bacon (chopped)
- 1-2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 1 bunch English spinach (trimmed)
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 orange
- 400g can chickpeas (rinsed)
- 120g feta (crumbled)
Cook pumpkin in lightly salted water for about 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
Meanwhile, cook bacon in a non-stick pan over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes or until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towel.
Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes or until onion is soft.
Add spinach, nutmeg, cayenne pepper and stir. Add pumpkin and orange juice and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes. Stir through chickpeas and 120g feta. Serve topped with bacon pieces.