- 700g butternut pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cayenne, or to taste
- Juice of 1 orange
- 120g feta cheese
- 55g almonds, toasted
- 3 rashers bacon, chopped
Cook pumpkin in a saucepan of lightly salted boiling water for 3-5 minutes or until just tender. Drain.
Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and add onion and garlic and cook for about 5 mins or until onion is soft. Add spinach, nutmeg and cayenne, stirring gently for 1 min or until aromatic. Stir in pumpkin and orange juice and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 mins. Stir in feta and almonds.
Cook bacon in a non-stick pan over medium heat for about 3-5 mins or until crisp. Remove and drain on paper towel.
Serve pumpkin salad warm with bacon pieces sprinkled over.
This recipe is featured in the book, Whip it Up which is available now in all good bookstores RRP $24.95. To order direct call 1300 656 059 or visit www.smh.com.au/store
- Main Ingredients - Pumpkin