Photo: Marina Oliphant
- 4 kipfler potatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 red onions, unpeeled, quartered
- 8 baby carrots, peeled
- 500g cauliflower, cut into florets
- 4 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 8 sprigs thyme
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 400g canned lentils, drained
- 2 tbsp lemon juice or vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Sea salt and pepper
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Half a lemon, finely sliced
Heat oven to 200C. Toss potatoes, onions, carrots, cauliflower, garlic cloves and half the thyme in two tablespoons of olive oil and arrange in a roasting pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes until tender.
Heat lentils in a pan with half a cup of water until boiling, then drain and toss in remaining olive oil, lemon juice, honey and cumin, and season with sea salt and pepper.
Arrange potatoes on each dinner plate, scatter with spinach leaves and top with baby carrots and cauliflower. Peel the ''petals'' away from the onions and scatter over each plate.
Spoon the lentils on and around the vegetables and serve with lemon slices and remaining thyme sprigs.
- Main Ingredients - Cauliflower, Lentils, Potato
- Course - Lunch, Dessert, Side Dish
- Occasion - Midweek dinner, Family meals