- 400g salmon fillet, skinned and boned
- 50ml fresh lime juice, strained
- 30ml organic Japanese ponzu juice (available at specialty food stores)
- 40ml Japanese soy sauce
- 1 tbsp wasabi powder, mixed with 1 tbsp water to make a paste
- 2 tsp Japanese wasabi oil
- 2 golden shallots, peeled and finely diced
- 8 large shiso leaves, finely shredded
- Japanese pickled sesame seaweed salad (available from fish markets and good fishmongers)
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 8 whole green shiso leaves
- 3 tbsp bonito flakes, to serve
Using a sharp knife, cut the salmon into a uniform fine dice. Mix the lime juice, ponzu, soy sauce, wasabi paste and oil, diced shallots and shredded shiso in a bowl. Add the diced salmon and stir to combine. Leave to marinate for an hour, covered, in the refrigerator.
When ready to serve, leave the fish out at room temperature for 20 minutes, then stir through the sesame seaweed salad (pictured above) and chopped chives.
Place a green shiso leaf on each plate and carefully pile the pickled fish on top, drizzling with a little of the residual pickling liquid. Sprinkle the bonito flakes over and serve.
- Main Ingredients - Fish
- Cuisine - Korean
- Course - Main-course