White beans with spicy chipotle tomatoes on toast. Photo: Marina Oliphant
2 tbsp olive oil
1-2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
500g ripe tomatoes, roughly chopped
1 chipotle chilli in adobo sauce, chopped
2 x 400g tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
4 thick slices good quality sourdough toast
Handful fresh coriander leaves, washed and picked
1. Heat oil in pan, add garlic and cook for a minute or so until golden.
2. Add tomatoes and chilli. Cook for a few minutes until the tomatoes start to break down and make a sauce.
3. Add drained beans and stir through.
4. Pile onto sourdough toast, garnish with coriander and serve.
* If you would like to add chorizo then do so as step two: peel skin from one chorizo and break into chunks. Add to pan and cook for a few minutes before adding the tomatoes.
- Main Ingredients - Bread, Tomato, Beans
- Cuisine - Mexican
- Course - Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch