- 1 tablespoon dried shrimp
- 250 g (9 oz) winter melon, rind and seeds removed
- 750 ml (3 cups) chicken and meat stock
- 150 g (5½ oz) Chinese ham or prosciutto, chopped
1. Soak the dried shrimp in boiling water for 1 hour, then drain. Cut the winter melon into small pieces.
2. Bring the stock to a rolling boil in a large clay pot or saucepan. Add the dried shrimp, winter melon and ham. return to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Season with salt and white pepper. Serve hot.
- Main Ingredients - Shellfish
- Cuisine - Chinese
- Course - Lunch
- Occasion - Family meals