Photo: Quentin Jones
- 6 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
- 16 lamb cutlets, trimmed
- 30g dried shiitake mushrooms, soaked for an hour
- 1 onion, chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 100g of fresh shiitake, sliced
- 2 red banana chillies, split, seeds removed and then left whole
- 2 green banana chillies, split, seeds removed and then left whole
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- Handful of chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and pepper
Heat half the olive oil in a wok or pan and fry the lamb cutlets for a minute on each side. Remove from the wok and place them on a plate. Remove the dried shiitake from their soaking water and give them a good squeeze. Cut off the tough stalks and leave them whole.
Add the rest of the olive oil to the wok and turn the heat up high. Add the onion and garlic and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add all the shiitake as well as the banana chillies and fry for a minute. Add the tamari and the lamb cutlets, as well as any juices, and fry for another 30 seconds.
Remove from heat, add the parsley and season with a little salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
- Main Ingredients - Lamb
- Course - Main-course