Photo: Marina Oliphant
- For the paste
- 5 dried red chillies
- 1 yellow capsicum
- 1 tbsp ground turmeric
- 4 shallots, peeled and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white part only, finely chopped
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- For the curry
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 litre chicken stock
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp tamarind puree
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 2 limes, juiced
- 400g firm, white fish
- 1 bunch chinese broccoli, trimmed and cut into large pieces
· For the paste: Blend all the ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
· For the curry: Heat the oil in a wok and fry the paste for 5 minutes. Add the stock, coconut milk, tamarind, palm sugar and lime. Stir well and simmer for 10 minutes.
· Check the flavours and adjust to balance the sweet, salty, spicy and sour flavours.
· Cut the fish into large chunks and add to the curry. Add the broccoli. Simmer for 5 minutes until the fish is cooked through and the broccoli is tender.
· Garnish with Vietnamese mint.
Serve with rice.
- Main Ingredients - Fish
- Cuisine - Thai
- Course - Main-course