- 300 g zucchini
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 200 g haloumi cheese, coarsely grated
- ¼ cup plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill, plus extra sprigs, to garnish
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 lemon, cut into thin wedges
- ⅓ cup Greek yoghurt
1. Preheat the oven to 120°C.
2. Coarsely grate the zucchini then, using your hands, squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Combine the zucchini with the spring onion, haloumi, flour, eggs and dill. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Heat the oil in a large heavy-based frying pan. Drop heaped teaspoons of mixture into the pan and cook, in batches, for 2 minutes each side, or until golden and firm. Drain on paper towels, then transfer to a low oven to keep warm while cooking the remaining fritters.
4. Serve the fritters immediately with yoghurt, a piece of lemon and a small sprig of dill.
- Main Ingredients - Cheese, Zucchini
- Course - Lunch, Dinner, Starter/Entree
- Occasion - Midweek dinner, Family meals