In France, zucchini would be known by its French name, courgette.
Photo: Marina Oliphant
Have your say
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 zucchini, cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, coarsely crushed
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a saucepan over a moderate heat, then tip in zucchini, garlic and coriander seeds and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Lower heat, cover tightly and cook gently for 20-30 minutes until tender.
Remove from heat. Mash zucchini roughly with a fork, then season to taste with lemon juice and more salt and pepper.
Transfer to food processor and process briefly, adding the rest of the olive oil. Check and adjust seasoning.