Cecconi's bar, known as the Cantina, is separated from the main dining room by an impressive open kitchen. It's an easy, sophisticated space to enjoy a drink and a bite. Service occasionally lags on busy nights, but once they've noticed you, things start to happen. Wines by the glass (mostly Italian or Italo-Australian) are poured at the table, classic cocktails such as Manhattans and Whisky Sours are mixed to order and snacks such as olives stuffed with pork and ricotta and plates of prosciutto are quickly ferried from the kitchen. It's comfortable and conservative, much like its target audience.
- 03 8663 0500
- Prices - Cocktails $18-$28, Beers $7-$10, Wines by the glass $8-$45
- Features - Outdoor seating
- Chef(s) - Olimpia Bortolotto & Daniel Kranjcic
- Owners - Olimpia, Maria & Anna Bortolotto
- Opening Hours - Mon-Fri 8am-late, Sat 5.30pm-late
- Seats - 130