Don't rock up to City Wine Shop craving cocktails. As the name suggests, it's all about the vino, although you will find a few aperitifs and a small selection of mostly European beers. But if you're here with grape expectations, look no further than the wine wall, which carries more than 400 labels and runs the length of the narrow room. You can choose a bottle to take home or have it opened on the spot (for a small fee) to pair with a dish from the short but appealing menu. Want to know what goes best with your pork rillettes? Ask the affable staff. On sunny days, there's no better spot than the tiny Spring Street terrace.
A piece of fish, excellent cheese, a schnitzel, a minute steak, textbook terrine: between its compact all-day list and the longer blackboard menu City Wine Shop has a little something for everyone (and every wine).
- 03 9654 6657
- Prices - Beers $8-$19, Wines by the glass $10-$25
- Features - Outdoor seating
- Chef(s) - Ian Curley
- Owners - Con Christopoulos & Joshua Brisbane
- Opening Hours - Mon-Thurs 7am-10pm, Fri 7am-11pm, Sat 9am-11pm, Sun 9am-10pm, no bookings
- Awards - Best Wine & liquor
- Seats - 54