Once home to the glorious Mietta's, a kind of sacred site for Melbourne barflies, Comme has since had a stylish fitout adding contemporary light-fittings and furniture to the original grand marble and timber panelling. Upstairs, two lavish rooms are set aside for functions. On Fridays they absorb the overflow from the large central bar downstairs. The mostly charming, occasionally frazzled bartenders do a good line in classic cocktails and there's an impressive wine list with a by-the-glass selection that roams the world. Skilled cooking lifts tried and true bar snacks such as terrine, croquettes and New York-style mini burgers.
- 03 9631 4000
- Prices - Cocktails $16-$19, Beers $9, Wines by the glass $10-$15
- Features - Outdoor seating
- Chef(s) - Daniel Southern
- Owners - Frank & Sharon van Haandel
- Opening Hours - Mon-Fri noon-3pm, Mon-Sat 6pm-10.30pm
- Seats - 60