Copo was one of the first doing what’s become the done thing: chefs switching from fine dining to smart casual. The kitchen smokes its own chicken and trout, preserves its own pickles, makes mascarpone from scratch and plucks herbs from a rooftop garden. The menu leans to Latino (South American-style baked beans with chorizo), perhaps a little Morocco (cumin-flavoured baked eggplant and eggs served in a pan topped with fresh dill) and classic comfort food (bubble and squeak, porridge with rhubarb and homemade toasted muesli). Amiable service and a bright fit-out are bonuses.
- 02 9719 9057
- Cuisine - Modern Australian
- Prices - Breakfasts $6-$18; Lunches $12-$18
- Features - Licensed, BYO, Vegetarian friendly
- Cards accepted - EFTPOS, AMEX, Mastercard, Visa
- Opening Hours - Mon-Fri 7am-4pm; Sat-Sun 8am-3pm