- 2 avocados, halved, peeled, deseeded
- 1 small red capsicum, halved, deseeded, trimmed, cut into 0.5cm dice
- 1/2 bunch green shallots, pale ends finely sliced
- 1 bunch coriander, washed, leaves picked
- 1 tbs sour cream
- 1 tsp Tabasco, to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cobs corn, blanched, kernels removed from cob (can be substituted with corn from a can)
- 20-24 (approx 1kg) green prawns, shelled, de-veined, tails intact
- 1 tbs cayenne pepper
Heat a frypan over high heat. Add the corn kernels and cook until roasted golden. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Meanwhile, combine the avocados, green shallots, coriander, sour cream, Tabasco and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Process until coarsely pureed. Place in a serving bowl and stir the red capsicum and corn through.
Preheat the BBQ on high. Meanwhile, coat the prawns in the cayenne in a mixing bowl.
Cook the prawns over high heat until char grilled and cooked through. Serve immediately with the avocado & corn dip. (If prawns unavailable the dip is delicious eaten with crackers or corn chips)
- Course - Lunch
- Occasion - Family meals