This dish can be ready in 15 minutes. The oil in which the garlic is fried gives an intensity to the dish and the garlic chips add texture.
2 small heads broccoli, cut into florets
4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
2 small red chillis, chopped
6 anchovy fillets, chopped (optional)
Freshly ground white pepper
1. Blanch broccoli in boiling salted water for four minutes, drain and refresh. Cut into small pieces.
2. Cook linguini in boiling water as per packet instructions. Drain and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with a little oil to stop sticking.
3. Fry garlic in olive oil until pale golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towel.
4. Heat oil again and fry broccoli, chilli and anchovies for two minutes.
5. Pour over pasta, season and toss. Serve in bowls with fried garlic on top. Serve with a green salad and parmesan.