A recipe from the Good Food collection.
3 slices white bread, crusts removed
100g (⅔ cup) pistachio kernels
grated zest of 1 lime
1 garlic clove, chopped
50g (½ cup) grated parmesan cheese
1 handful Italian parsley
2 tsp thyme
80ml (⅓ cup) olive oil
500g store-bough cheese tortellini (or other pasta of choice)
grated parmesan cheese, to serve
1. Put the bread in a mini processor and whizz for 30 seconds, or until breadcrumbs form. Remove half of the crumbs and set aside.
2. Add the pistachios, lime zest, garlic, parmesan, parsley and thyme to the processor containing the remaining crumbs and whizz for 30 seconds, or until the mixture forms a coarse paste. With the motor running, gradually add 60ml (¼ cup) of the oil. Season well with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving 250ml of the cooking water.
4. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add the reserved breadcrumbs and stir for 1–2 minutes, or until lightly golden.
5. Stir the sauce through the hot pasta, adding enough of the reserved cooking water to make a coating consistency. Serve immediately, topped with the toasted breadcrumbs and grated parmesan.