A recipe from the Good Food collection.
2 zucchini (courgettes)
2 tablespoons olive oil
60 g butter
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
2 tablespoons pouring (whipping) cream
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
1. Trim the zucchini and cut lengthways into very thin slices.
2. Heat half the olive oil and half the butter in a frying pan until the butter melts. Add the zucchini and sauté over medium heat for 2-3 minutes, or until golden. Stir in the garlic and cook for a further 30 seconds. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the mixture to a plate. Wipe the pan clean.
3. Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add the cream, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper and whisk to combine.
4. Reheat the pan and add the remaining oil and butter. When the pan is very hot, pour in the eggs and stir with the back of a fork. Cook for 1 minute, tilting the pan and lifting the omelette edges occasionally to allow the uncooked egg to run underneath.
5. When the egg is partly set, spread the zucchini mixture over the top. Reduce the heat and cook for 5 minutes, or until set around the edges. Remove from the heat and sprinkle with the parmesan. Cover with a lid and leave to rest in the pan for 2 minutes. Slide onto a plate, fold into a semi-circle, cut in half and serve.