A recipe from the Good Food collection.
4 spring onions, chopped
15g roughly chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
1 handful coriander (cilantro) leaves
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
pinch of chilli powder
1 garlic clove, crushed
150g tinned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
plain flour, to coat
oil, for cooking
2 tbsp ready-made hummus
2 rounds Lebanese bread, cut in half
100g ready-made tabbouleh
1. Put the spring onion, parsley and coriander in a food processor, and process until finely chopped.
2. Add the spices, garlic and chickpeas, and process to a smooth paste.
3. Shape into 12 patties. Coat lightly in flour and refrigerate for 45 minutes.
4. Fill a deep heavy-based saucepan one-third full of oil and heat to 180C, or until a bread cube browns in 15 seconds.
5. Cook the falafel in batches for 2-3 minutes, or until browned and cooked through. Drain on paper towels.
6. To serve, split the Lebanese bread halves. Spread the hummus over the bread, top with the tabbouleh and three falafel each. Roll up and wrap in baking paper.