A recipe from the Good Food collection.
2 tablespoons canola oil
500 g (1 lb 2 oz) boneless white fish fillets
1 leek, halved lengthways, washed and chopped
2 garliccloves, crushed
700 g (1 lb 9 oz) new potatoes, peeled and quartered
30 g (1 oz/1/4 cup) chopped spring onions (scallions)
iceberg lettuce leaves, to serve
1. Heat 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Add the fish fillets and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until cooked. Leave to cool.
2. Flake the fish with a fork. Heat another 2 teaspoons of the oil in the same frying pan over medium heat.
3. Cook the leek and garlic, stirring, for 5-6 minutes, or until the leek softens. Set aside.
4. Meanwhile, put the potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 15 minutes, or until tender. Drain well. Mash with a potato masher.
5. Combine the mashed potato, flaked fish, leek mixture and spring onions in a large bowl. Shape into eight patties and put on a plate. Cover and chill for 1 hour.
6. Heat the left-over oil in the frying pan over medium heat. Cook the patties for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until light golden. Serve with lettuce.