A recipe from the Good Food collection.
750 g white fish fillets, skinned
1 medium red onion, peeled and finely chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
⅓ cup chopped flat-leaved parsley
½ teaspoon ground sweet paprika
¼ teaspoon chilli powder
⅓ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
4 large, red, ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
2 small red chillies, cut in half, seeded and finely sliced
4 spring onions, including some green, finely sliced
½ bunch fresh coriander, chopped finely
½ cup olive oil, extra virgin
lemon or lime juice (optional)
1 red onion, finely chopped (optional)
1. Cut fish across grain into 2 × 2 cm squares. Combine onion, garlic, coriander, parsley, paprika, chilli powder, olive oil and lemon juice and spoon over fish cubes. Mix well and leave to marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
2. Place fish on metal skewers and grill, turning frequently until lightly browned on all sides.
3. To make Tomato Sauce: Combine tomatoes, chillies, spring onions and coriander in a bowl, add olive oil and pepper to taste.
4. Add lemon or lime juice and chopped onion if using.
5. Allow the Tomato Sauce to stand for at least an hour in refrigerator before serving with fish.