Advertiser content: Egg pappardelle with lamb and pumpkin in red wine and garlic sauce
Barilla recipe for pappardelle with lamb and pumpkin in red wine and garlic sauce.
PREPARATION TIME: 10 minutes
COOKING TIME: 25 minutes
250g Barilla pappardelle
1 jar Barilla red wine and garlic sauce
80ml extra virgin olive oil
½ onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
300g lamb meat (leg or shoulder), cut into 1.5cm cubes
1 bay leaf
1 sprig rosemary
250g pumpkin, skin removed and sliced
salt and pepper, for seasoning
1 bunch parsley, chopped
rock salt, for pasta water
120g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
1. In a large frypan, gently cook onions and garlic in a little oil.
2. Once golden, add the herbs and lamb. Brown the meat then add Barilla red wine and garlic sauce and bring to a simmer for 10 minutes. Season to taste.
3. Place the pumpkin on a plate and season with salt and olive oil. Cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Be careful of the steam when you take the plastic off. Cut the pumpkin into small cubes.
4. Meanwhile, bring plenty of salted water to the boil, (7 grams of salt per litre of water), when boiling add the pappardelle and stir after 2 minutes.
5. Drain pasta when al dente and toss together in the sauce for a further 2 minutes.
6. Remove from the heat and add the cheese, stirring in the pumpkin and a drizzle of olive oil.
Chef's tip: You can change the vegetables, according to the season, using green peas, broccoli etc.