Advertiser content: Egg pappardelle with pumpkin, spinach and napoletana sauce
Barilla recipe for pappardelle with pumpkin, spinach and napoletana sauce.
PREPARATION TIME: 15 minutes
COOKING TIME: 15 minutes
250g Barilla 'La Collezione' pappardelle
1 jar Barilla napoletana sauce
½ onion, roughly chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 cups pumpkin, 1cm diced
1 bunch English spinach, roughly chopped
10 fresh oregano leaves
2 tbsp sultanas
100g fresh ricotta
50g Pecorino Romano cheese, shaved
extra virgin olive oil
salt and pepper, to taste
rock salt, for pasta water
1. Bring plenty of water to the boil in a large saucepan. Once boiling, add rock salt (7g per litre of water).
2. In a large frypan, gently heat some oil. Once hot, add onions and garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Next add pumpkin and cook on a gentle heat until tender. Add sultanas and season to taste.
3. Add Barilla napoletana sauce and bring to a simmer, then cook for 2 minutes.
4. Drop the Barilla pappardelle into the water and wait 2 minutes before stirring. Cook as per the instructions on the pack.
5. Drain 1 minute before the suggested cooking time, reserving one ladle of cooking water.
6. Toss pasta and cooking water with the pumpkin sauce. Then add spinach and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add fresh ricotta and oregano, stirring to combine.
7. Serve with pecorino shavings and a drizzle of oil.