A recipe from the Good Food collection.
1/2 cup mung beans, soaked overnight
3/4 cup hot water
120g packet smoked soy slices, finely diced*
1 spring onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 cup finely shredded cabbage
pinch of ground cumin
1 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon sesame oil
* Could use sliced tempeh or tofu instead
1. Drain the mung beans, place in a food processor with the hot water and blend until smooth.
2. Pour the mung bean mixture into a large bowl. Add the soy slices, spring onion, garlic, cabbage, eggs and cumin and mix together well.
3. Heat the canola and sesame oils in a non-stick frying pan. Spoon tablespoons of the mixture into the pan and cook over moderate heat for 2 minutes each side, or until golden brown. You should have enough mixture to make 20 pancakes.
4. Delicious served warm or cold with soy sauce.