A recipe from the Good Food collection.
3 dried Chinese mushrooms
300g skinless chicken breast fillets
2 tablespoons peanut or vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
5 cm piece ginger, cut into matchsticks
1 fresh small red chilli, or to taste, seeded and finely chopped
1 brown onion, cut into thin wedges
150g green beans, cut diagonally into 4 cm lengths
½ red capsicum, seeded and cut into thin strips
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon brown sugar
2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves (optional)
Cooked rice stick noodles or jasmine rice, to serve
1. Soak the mushrooms in a bowl of warm water for 30 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the liquid and squeeze to remove any excess liquid. Reserve the liquid. Trim and discard the stems, then thinly slice the mushrooms.
2. Cut the chicken into short, thin strips. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and stir-fry for 30 seconds, until aromatic but without browning. Increase the heat to high, add the chicken strips and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until lightly browned and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
3. Heat the remaining oil in the wok over high heat. Add the onion, beans, capsicum and mushrooms, and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes or until the vegetables are tender crisp.
4. Combine the oyster sauce, fish sauce and sugar. Add to the wok with the chicken and stir-fry for another 2 minutes or until heated through.
5. Serve sprinkled with coriander, if desired, and accompanied by rice stick noodles or rice.