Advertiser content: Egg tagliatelle with veal bolognese and baked ricotta
Barilla recipe for egg tagliatelle with veal bolognese and baked ricotta.
PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
250g Barilla egg pasta tagliatelle
1 jar Barilla bolognese sauce
½ onion, finely chopped
½ carrot, finely chopped
½ celery, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 glass of good quality red wine
100g Italian pancetta, finely chopped
300g veal, mince
2 bay leaves
10 basil leaves, torn
100g baked ricotta, crumbled
extra virgin olive oil
rock salt, for pasta water
salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a large frypan, heat some oil. Sautee the onion, garlic, carrot and celery, together with pancetta. Once golden, add the veal and cook, making sure there are no lumps. Add wine and allow to evaporate.
2. Add the Barilla bolognese sauce and bring to a simmer. Add the bay leaves and cook with the lid on for 15 minutes on low heat. Stir occasionally.
3. Bring plenty of salted water to the boil, 7 grams of rock salt per litre of water. Add the Barilla egg pasta tagliatelle, and leave for 2 minutes before stirring. Cook according to the instructions on the pack.
4. Drain the pasta one minute before the suggested cooking time.
5. Toss the pasta with the sauce and cook for a further minute. Remove from the heat, add the ricotta and serve with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.