A recipe from the Good Food collection.
250 g (9 oz/2 cups) self-raising flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 carrots, peeled and grated
2 zucchini (courgettes), grated
60 g (2 1/4 oz/1/2 cup) chopped pecans
250 ml (9 fl oz/1 cup) milk
90 g (3 1/4 oz) unsalted butter, melted
1. Preheat the oven to 210°C (415°F/Gas 6-7). Grease a 12-hole standard muffin tin.
2. Sift the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and a pinch of sea salt into a large bowl. Add the carrot, zucchini and pecans and stir well.
3. Put the eggs, milk and melted butter in a separate bowl and whisk together well.
4. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture, then add the egg mixture all at once. Mix quickly using a fork until all the ingredients are just moistened. Do not overmix, the batter should still be lumpy.
5. Spoon the batter into the muffin holes and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the oven and loosen the muffins with a flat-bladed knife or spatula. Leave to cool in the tin for 2 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm.