1. Peel, cut into quarters lengthwise and use as raw crudite with a creamy dip.
2. Save them to add to other leftover vegetables to turn into vegetable stock.
3. Cook in chicken stock with two chopped potatoes until tender then whiz into soup.
4/ Cut stalks on diagonal and stir-fry with Chinese sausage, soy and hoisin sauce.
5. Pickle sliced stalks in vinegar, salt and sugar, and serve in burgers and salads.
6. Steam until tender and top with a fried egg and grated parmesan.
7. Steam until tender, mash and turn into vegie burgers and fritters.