This is sponsored content for Glen Moray.
Christmas time is the perfect time for getting experimental with some single malts and making cocktails to share with friends and family. The Glen Moray Single Malt range has such a diversity of flavour they lend themselves to different mixes ensuring that there is something for everyone.
We've compiled three essential cocktail recipes that should be on every at-home drinks menu. Produce a vintage old fashioned, a silky Scotch whisky sour and a frothy Speyside with these step-by-step instructions.
A vintage old fashioned is a staple recipe for any whisky lover. Photo: Getty
- 60 ml Glen Moray Port Cask Finish
- One sugar cube
- 3 dashes Angostura bitters
- Soda water
- Orange Peel
1. Place the sugar cube in a glass and soak with bitters.
2. Add a splash of soda water and stir to dissolve sugar.
3. Add one large ice cube to the glass and pour Glen Moray Port Cask Finish over the cube.
4. Stir to combine.
5. Rub the orange peel around the rim of the cocktail glass and drop it in to serve.
A silky Scotch whisky sour is perfect for those after a refreshing cocktail. Photo: Getty
- 45 ml of Glen Moray Classic
- 15 ml of fresh lemon juice
- 3 tsp of caster sugar
- Dash of Angostura bitters
- Fresh ginger root
- Lemongrass bulb
- 1 egg white
1. Combine fresh ginger and lemongrass bulb in the base of a shaker.
2. Add all ingredients and dry shake to emulsify the egg white.
3. Add ice and shake until the shaker is frosted.
4. Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
5. Garnish with a lemon twist and two drops of Angostura bitters.
A whisky sundae satisfies the sweet tooth of any dark spirit fan. Photo: Getty
- 45 ml of Glen Moray 12 Year
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 15 ml of caramel sauce
- Pinch of salt
1. Combine all ingredients in a blender.
2. Blend for 15 seconds.
3. Drizzle caramel on the inside of a glass of your choice.
4. Pour and serve.
This Christmas, rediscover the world of Glen Moray and classical single malt Scotch whisky produced in Elgin, in the heart of Speyside since 1897. The distillery has a legacy of experimentation around different wood cask types, creating new expressions and assuring there to be a Glen Moray with a flavour profile to suit everyone.
Enter the gateway of flavour and enjoy the traditional Speyside style with the Glen Moray range neat, on ice, or in cocktails. Full range available online or at your favourite bottle shop.