There's vroom for everyone at the Formula 1® Australian Grand Prix - rev heads (obviously), pop fans (hello Robbie Williams), big event addicts (most of Melbourne) and foodies won't go without either. As the #AusGP celebrates its milestone 25th race over the four-day festival at Albert Park Lake, Melbourne from March 12-15, we're flagging some of our favourite food spots to race along to.
Most of the food action happens at M-Lane. It's a hub of food trucks and pop ups with a very Melbourne flavour. With its lakeside views and the city skyline backdrop, it's the perfect place to sink your teeth into something delicious before, during or after all the track action.
Come hungry, and feast on:
- 400 Gradi Grab a slice (or two) of the action from 'the world's best pizza' maker Johnny Di Francesco and team.
- Biggie Smalls You'd be a falafel to miss Shane Delia's kebab, chips and old fashioned milkshakes at this returning favourite.
- Drumplings You had us at 'chicken satay dumplings'.
- Gelato Messina are debuting their special Grand Prix, the Ferrari Rocher choc top (see what they did there)? Sounds delicious.
- Sun Kitchen Authentic Chinese food from this quality Albert Park Chinese restaurant.
- Wonder Pies Be hasty and race to delicious pastries, including The Tradish pie (classic beef and gravy) and 'Melbourne's best sausage roll'. Also fresh donuts. Enough said.
- Hiro Sushi If you're looking for a lighter option, Hiro will come along and save the day.
- Sliders on Tyres for signature sliders with a fitting theme.
Outside of M-lane, race fans can make any number of pit stops all around the circuit including The Albert pop-up pub and the Albert Park Lakeside Bar. Race you there.
Tickets and more information at grandprix.com.au.