The Night Noodle Markets return to Melbourne this June, but this year things are a little different. And a lot more convenient.
Forget the queues, or even having to put on shoes for your annual Birrarung Marr noodle-related outing. This year the Night Noodle Markets are coming to you, home delivered through the DoorDash delivery app.
Choose from an alluring array of banquets from new and old favourites Hoy Pinoy, Flying Noodles Noodles/Twistto,Thai Tide, Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tart and Kariton Sorbetes.
To make it even more tantalising, presenting partner Citi is offering Citi cardholders $20 off their Night Noodle Markets at Home order* to encourage them to join in on the festivities.
So what dishes can you look forward to eating from the convenience of the couch? We're glad you asked. Here's the full menu from each of the eateries so you can plan way in advance what you and your crew will be eating in June.
For those who want to visit the Night Noodle Markets in person, or don't live so close to the CBD, the market will return in all its glorious form this November. Watch this space!
Night Noodle Markets at Home Menu
- Pak pak inasal: Slow smoked chicken wingettes in garlic, lemongrass, ginger and annatto
- Lumpia shanghai: Chicken spring rolls with Hoy pinoy Banana ketchup and coconut mayo
- Inihaw na baboy: Pork belly skewers in banana ketchup glaze
- Inihaw na manok: Chicken skewers with traditional soy glaze
- Liempo rice bowls with fried egg: Slow smoked free range pork belly, adobo glaze on garlic rice,ensaladang pipino, atchara with fried egg
- Battered adobo chips
- Lechon kawali rice bowls with fried egg: Braised and crispy fried free range pork belly, caramel and coconut glaze, garlic rice, ensaladang pipino, atchara with a fried egg
- Sisig rice bowl with fried egg: Roasted and smoked free range pork, chopped w onion, garlic, chili, vinegar on garlic rice, ensaladang pipino, fried egg
- Ube Halaya "gaytime": Purple yam gelato swirled with purple yam fudge and blackberry jam coated with purple yam cake crumbs, toasted coconut curds and freeze-dried blackberry
- Champorado "choctop": Toasted rice and Filipino chocolate gelato with a fish sauce caramel swirl piped into a chocolate waffle cone and the top coated with crispy black rice and candied cacao nibs
- Yema "maxibon": Malted milk gelato rippled with miso egg yolk fudge sandwiched in a salted egg yolk biscuit and dipped in white chocolate
- Taho "tapioca pudding": Their silken tofu and soy milk gelato with soy tapioca pudding and oolong tea syrup soaked boba pearls
- Turon "trifle": Bananas cooked down with rum, jackfruit, sponge cake, muscovado butterscotch, banana cream, candied sesame seeds and caramelised spring roll wrapper with a side of banana leaf gelato
- Roti with peanut sauce: Flaky roti bread served with creamy Thai peanut sauce
- Tom kha mussels: Fragrant Thai coconut soup of lemongrass, galangal, mix of Thai herbs and mussels
- Pad Thai gai yang: Classic pad Thai with your choice of grilled marinated chicken or vegetables and tofu
- Pad see ew moo krob: Stir-fried rice noodle, chinese broccoli, egg and sweet soy sauce with your choice of twice cooked pork belly or vegetables and tofu
- Khao pad pou: Thai-style crab meat egg fried rice
- Classic Thai red curry with your choice of grilled marinated chicken or mixed vegetables and tofu
Flying Noodles / Twistto
- Flying Noodles: noodles with your choice of chicken, pork or seafood in Tom Yum soup
- Twist potato: the original or sweet potato
- Korean-style salt and pepper calamari
- Famous Korean spicy rice cake
Hokkaido Baked Cheese Tart
- Original cheese tart
- Strawberry cheese tart
- Blueberry cheese tart
- Yuzu cheese tart
- Salted caramel cheese tart
- Chocolate cheese tart
- Popcorn butterscotch cheese tart
The Night Noodle Markets at Home, Co-Presented by Citi and DoorDash, Tuesday 1 June - Wednesday 30 June (inclusive). Trading hours: Sun-Thu 5pm-9pm; Fri-Sat 4pm-10pm
For more info go to goodfoodmonth.com.au