It's been almost a decade since the cultural juggernaut that is Instagram landed on our collective dining tables.
From #avotoast to made-for-the-gram unicorn food, the photo-driven social force has captured dishes from every corner from the globe.
Along the way, it's won the devotion of loyal Insta-eaters, and scepticism from people who, you know, just want to eat their food.
Either way, there's no doubting Instagram's ability to document international appetites.
Now, British meal kit company Gousto has trawled through 150 million posts to reveal which foods the world is craving.
The results confirm the enduring popularity of tried-and-tested favourites, with comfort foods, retro dishes and all-American takeaway coming out on top.
Topping the list was pizza, with a whopping 37.9 million hashtag mentions centring on New York, followed by the hamburger in second place, with 35 million posts (Texas, US). Sushi came in third, with 23.6 million posts (Tokyo, Japan).
Macarons were the only sweet treat to make the list, with 5 million posts (Paris, France), also making it the most Instagrammable European dish overall.
Here in Oceania, taro's 712,000 mentions (Micronesia) came in well ahead of Australia's roast lamb (61,000) and Tonga's breadfruit (49,000). New Zealand's green-lipped mussel scored a small but notable 2912 mentions.
In South America, ceviche was the top contender while palm oil stew was top of the list in Africa.
Overall, cheese took out 15 places on the list and four of the top six European spots (fondue, feta, raclette and haloumi), while Asian dishes such as sushi, pho, noodles and kimchi accounted for one-fifth of hashtag mentions.
Macarons were the only sweet to make the top 10. Photo: Marina Oliphant
The 10 most Instagrammed regional dishes
1. Pizza (New York, US) – 37.9 million posts
2. Hamburger (Texas, US) – 35 million posts
3. Sushi (Tokyo, Japan) – 23.6 million posts
4. Steak (Idaho, US) – 10.2 million posts
5. Macarons (Paris, France) – 5 million posts
6. Pho (Hanoi, Vietnam) – 2.7 million posts
7. Lamb (Colorado, US) – 2.3 million posts
8. Fried chicken (Mississippi, US) – 2.1 million posts
9. Pesto (Genoa, Italy) – 1.7 million posts
10. Poke (Hawaii, North America) – 1.5 million posts